Sunday, February 11, 2018

I can't wait

There is always a risk to deferring one's time.  As a whole, we have consistently made the decision to do so, and it has cost us almost the entire energy we are allotted.  Forty to Eighty hour weeks with the constant fear of the edge that is always so fucking close.  One serious (or not so serious) illness; one accident or mistake; one unplanned pregnancy: only thing between most of us and ruin. 

Millenials seem to have taken the stance that nothing matters and therefore consequences no longer exist.  I suppose I still have the optimism of the 80's in my backdrop, because I can't get around the idea that some things matter very much.  Beauty.  The Unknown.  Experience.  And, of course, Love.  When we are so occupied or so apathetic that the value of these things is lost, maybe it is time to say the risk and the consequences are too great.

No comments:

Post a Comment